Thank You for Supporting WSAS
Results of the 2nd annual Larry Dalton Challenge:
Board Member Larry Dalton has announced a $25,000 matching gift for all donations received in the 2019 calendar year.
Funding for WSAS comes from three main sources: core state funding, project funding, and donations.
Our core funding from the state supports full-time staff salaries and benefits.
Project funding supports the direct costs of contracted projects including travel, writing and consulting services, event space rental, and student research support.
Donations allow WSAS to:
- explore topics that are not supported by specific projects and
- expand the activities of our Topical Working Groups
- travel to Olympia and around the state to raise the visibility and increase the impact of WSAS
- sending outstanding high school students to the AAAS-AJAS meeting each year as delegates from Washington State (read more about AJAS here)
- hire interns
- send our staff to relevant conferences or events
If you’d to ensure your donation supports students or any other specific cause or project, please let us know in the comments/notes field of the online donation form or in the Memo line of your check.
Your gift is tax-deductible – WSAS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization – and allows us to remain independent and respond quickly and efficiently to state requests.
Our federal tax identification number is: 68-0668369
Give Online. Use the button below to visit our secure PayPal site and make a donation online.
Please let us know, in the notes, if you’d like your donation to remain anonymous.
Give by Mail. Send a check, made payable to WSAS, to our offices at:
Washington State Academy of Sciences
901 5th Avenue, Suite 2900
Seattle, WA 98164